Friday 30 March 2007

Today I am moving the info from my old blog to my new one (ie here!). So everything may say it was added today, but please look at dates to see when added.

9th March 07

I thought I would share some pics from a beautiful shoot I did with a young ballerina last night. Here are a few of the 250 or so we shot. A second dancer kindly stepped in to create some great images for promotion of the dance school.



Ballet #1

Rebbecca is a beautiful and talented dancer, about to leave Bristol to go to the Royal College of Ballet in London. She currently practices at a studio on the Gloucester Rd in Bristol in a school run by Claire Shakespeare.

Ballet #2



Ballet #3

Ballet #4




Ballet #5




Ballet #6
I love the final shot, it is so quiet. She has an amazing talent and I hope she goes far.

5th March 07

The book launch party was a success!

It was so great to see so many of my clients, other photographers and friends on Friday night. Apart from my nerves the evening went well! Pictures from the event will follow shortly.
March special: Complimentary Portrait session.

On Friday I also launched a portraiture promotion. During March I am offering free 'documentary' portrait shoots. These will take place on location during March. If you would like to sign up for a complimentary session please give me a ring on 0117 955 3081 or email me at: morag@documentaryweddingphotogrpahy.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

15th February 07

2007 year really started with a bang!

Early January I took a call to say that the first few copies of my book had been air freighted over ahead of the rest that were on the slow ship from China. Sleepless nights followed until I went to pick a copy up from my publishers on the 10th of January. It looks beautiful! All of my worry over print quality disappeared. But it still did not feel real being stuck in London unable to show it to my family.



From my publishers I went straight to a bar in Soho and drank champagne with Ritchie (a film director friend of my husband). The next day on to the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers convention in London (Europe ’s largest photography convention). Here I attended seminars and visited trade stands, rubbed shoulders and exchanged conversation with some of the world’s top photographers. I nervously put images into the coveted 20x16 print competition, in which I was competing against some of the world’s best wedding and portrait photographers. I was delighted to be awarded with merits for two of my images (to gain a merit the images had to score over 80 points from a possible 100).


Merit Winner, Stephen and Anna, Temple Meads station, Bristol.




Merit Winner, Si and Dani, Weston beach.

I returned to Bristol for a few precious days at the end of January, with just enough time to do a portrait shoot with the lovely Paige before leaving for Morocco. It was a wet and wind swept afternoon at Ashton Court, but we had a fab time.


Paige
Morocco

I arrived in Morocco by default, having won a prize draw at a demo of an amazing large format Hewlett Packard printer. The prize was to attend an intensive International photography training program. The course was delivered by photographers at the cutting edge of their trade who shared both their technical skills and creative talent. During ‘hands-on’ workshops I was able to experiment with new techniques in digital photography, advanced lighting and digital manipulation. This was a great experience, hugely rewarding I came home rejuvenated and inspired (and a little hung over).

Here are a few images I shot whilst there:



Children at Taroudant #1, Morocco Jan '07

Walking with a Monkey, Essaouira Morocco Jan '07

Essaouira, Morocco Jan '07

Once again I entered images into the print competition and was honoured with the title ‘Runner up Wedding Photographer 2007’.



PTO Runner up Wedding Photographer 2007

Johannes and Mel, Bath Abbey Square




I am now looking forward to the going to Focus (photography trade event at the NEC) at the end of the month to collect my trophy from PTO (photo training overseas) and of course the party I am throwing on the 2nd of March to celebrate the launch of my book.

I have been so moved that so many of my clients and friends are making great sacrifices and journeying great distances to Bristol for the night. I warmly welcome all of my clients and friend and family who are able to attend. If you are not we will raise a glass to you; it is because of my wonderful wedding couples that I have had this amazing opportunity to write the book.

I am deeply touched by each of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Always good to hear from you, please leave a comment.....