Friday 18 May 2012

Jo out Peregrine in.......


An odd day today, visitors in peoples lives come and go.  Today I have been reflecting on the past, on successes and failures, especially since being here at my studio at the Paintworks in Bristol the last 5 years. 

Today is Jo's last day with me.  She has been an integral part of the business for the last 5 years, all the time I have been in my studio and some time before.  Jo has also become such a personal friend, it is a strange feeling that she is going off to do exciting things. 


Today we were also visited by a new guest at the Paintworks. As I was putting out the recycling this morning I noticed a peregrine falcon sitting very close to me breakfasting on a mouse.  Not at all disturbed by me standing still watching it, just about 15 feet away, or when 3 guys stopped as they cycled to work.  There for long enough for me to go and grab my camera, finally flying away with its breakfast after being hassled by a magpie and became aware of me.










Jo, I hope you fly in often and let me know how your new job archiving a rare collection of glass plate photographs for English Heritage is going.  I will be here lost without you watching for the Paintworks Peregrine.....









1 comment:

  1. whoops, just been told that it is a kestrel and not a peregrine, 'Paintworks kestrel' just does not have the same ring!

    ReplyDelete

Always good to hear from you, please leave a comment.....